Cost to join: Free
My unique Hiving review
Hiving is a survey panel that will enable you to earn money for each survey that you complete. Survey panels play a huge role in gathering data for large companies on consumer behavior.
These companies need this data to improve their products and services while also learning more about their customers.
This is why they are willing to pay a lot of money to get this data and this knowledge also gives them an edge. From what I know this is a legitimate panel that will pay you once you reach your minimum threshold, but it also has some major downsides.
The 3 ways to make money
1. Taking surveys
This is the most common way on how people make money with this survey panel. I do not know how much you can get paid per survey because each time when I am nearly finished, they will tell me that I am not able to complete the survey.
I tried to complete 3 surveys and I could not qualify for even 1 survey. The total time it took me do these 3 surveys was a total of 50 minutes which was a waste of time to say the least. At least I tried right?
2. Micro Tasks
While some of the tasks are very simple, you might get a couple that are very confusing. Some of the jobs include the following:
- Getting phone numbers from the yellow pages.
- Get prices of items.
- Match products.
- Find a doctors education history.
You also need to reach a specific level in order to complete some of the tasks and the maximum level is level 3.
3. Referral program
I have been involved with many survey panels in the past to know that getting referrals is the best way to make money from surveys panels.
It is something that you can scale and you can also earn a decent passive income from it (that is if you know how to build a website).
The referral program will allow you to get a one time payment of $0.06 up to $2.7 for each referral that you send to them. The reason for this price range is because not each country will provide the same value in participants.
The rewards are also placed into 3 categories where you get $4 for 4000 points, $8 for 8000 points and $12 for 12 000 points.
What I liked
1. They pay through PayPal. This is a huge plus for me because I do not have the patience to wait for a check. Checks can also get lost sometimes and then you have to reissue the check will will take twice as long.
2. Low payment threshold. You need a minimum of 4000 points in order to get request your payment. That will be equal to $4.
3. International based. I like the fact that there are a lot of countries that can participate because most survey panels that I know off are only based in the US.
What I did not like
1. High disqualification rate. This was very disappointing for me to waste almost 50 minutes of my time with the surveys. I do not know whether they want to crook you with it or not but why does it have to happen when you are almost finished with your survey
2. Member complaints. Some members complained that it takes almost forever for you to earn 4000 points and some even said that it took them 9 months to get $4 which is very sad. Below are a couple of screenshots of some of the complaints that I have seen.
Below is a screenshot where someone claims that the surveys does not pay a lot. Unfortunately I could not find it out myself because I got disqualified which is actually worse.
Below is another example of someone complaining that it takes forever for the points to show inside their account.
Only great for wasting time
Sometimes I like doing surveys because the time can really fly when I am bored and I also have a website dedicated in helping people to make money with them, but I was very disappointed with this one.
When you have to go through 3 surveys just to get disapproved for each one of them is a real waste of time. I do not see myself working even trying to build a fulltime income with surveys because I do not believe that it is even possible.
You cannot scale your income and you also cannot create a passive income from it. If you can build a website in order to refer new members, then maybe it is possible but I do not think otherwise.
You are also too dependent on the survey panels to send you surveys which gives you very little to no control.
Related survey panels
Be your own boss
What if you could build your own business where you are in full control over the amount of money that you want to make and where you are not dependent on a company to send you surveys to complete?
What if you could create something for yourself that will pay you over and over again? This is why I fell in love with affiliate marketing because there is no limit to the amount of money that you can make online.
You will however be required to build a website and please, you do not need to learn how to code or be a web designer in order to build a website. Heck, you can even build a website in less than 30 seconds with the push of a button.
Companies such as Amazon and Linkshare will pay you a lot of money if you manage to sell their products on your website. For each sale you make, you will earn a commission and it does not stop there.
Websites have the ability to make money for you while you sleep or are on vacation. You will not be making the money as your websites got you covered.