Owner: Gary McCaffrey
Is PaySpree a scam?
If you are familiar with networks such as Clickbank then PaySpree would not be something entirely new. PaySpree is an affiliate network just as Clickbank. It is a place where Affiliate and Vendors will make money together.
I also see that PaySpree mostly focuses on selling e-books and lead generation. I made some research on this and came to the conclusion that it is not a scam and 100% safe. The website is almost 6 years old and the owner’s name is Gary McCaffrey.
The vendor’s side
1) What type of products can you list?
The list is a bit small, but growing every day. If you want to generate sales for an e-book then this is the place for you.
Let us dig into some of the types of products that you can list
- Health & Fitness
- Home & Family
- Computing and Internet
- Money & Employment
- Marketing & Ads
- Fun & Entertainment
- Sports & Recreation
- Society $ Culture
2) How much does it cost to list products?
Here we have 2 types of fees that you should know of.
The first type is your account activation fee of $29 for an unlimited amount of products. If you only decide to list one product, then it is for FREE.
The second type is the service fee which is Free for any transactions up to $4.99, costs $1 for any transactions from $5 up to $19.99 and $2 for anything above $20.
3) Payment types
This network uses PayPal, AlertPay and MoneyBookers which is much better than those louzy checks.
4) Download page encryption
This network makes it very hard for any customer to see the real download location which makes it hard for anyone to “steal” your product.
5) Autoresponder Integration
If you are focusing on generating leads for your business, then this is for you. Here you can connect any autoresponder to your landing page.
6) Affiliate managemant
Here you can see the names and e-mails of who is promoting your products. Your affiliates will also be paid instantly which will make the process so much easier for you.
7) Creating Dimesales
Talking about urgency. The more sales you make with your product the more expensive it becomes. This creates urgency for the buyer to act fast before the price goes up again in front of his/her eyes.
The Affiliate side
If you are an affiliate marketer looking looking to play middle man for each sale you generate then this might trigger your interest.
1) How much does it cost to promote products?
It is almost the same as on the vendor’s side, but with one small difference. You do not have to pay any account activation fee. For each transaction below $4.99 is free while from $5 up to $19.99 will cost you $1 and from $20 upwards is $2. No hidden costs.
2) Payment types
This is the first thing that I look at before even joining an affiliate network. I really hate checks and if I can get my money via PayPal, then it is winner.
The payment methods are PayPal, AlertPay and MoneyBookers.
3) Commission rates
There are 4 types of commission rates that you should be aware of. They will be as follows:
How can someone give you 100%? I was a bit unsure until I looked at some of the products. Some of the products that I saw had a bit of a twist to them. Let’s take Cashin 495 for example.
Here you need to buy the product which is $4.95 which gives you reseller right to sell it again where you will make 100% for each person that buys Cashin 495 from you.
This really does not look like a viable business model to me if you are buying something just to sell it again. How the owner of this product makes money let me think again. Maybe there is some kind of upsell that you need to buy.
Let’s get back to PaySpree.
What I liked
- No Payout Threshold. This is a great feature that will allow you to withdraw your money the moment you made it. Usually if the threshold is very high, then it might be a scam.
- Very good commission rates. I like the commission rates a lot and it is much better than what most of the products on Clickbank are offering.
- One time payment to activate your account. To pay a one time fee of $29 to list an unlimited amount of products is really not that much
- They pay via PayPal. This is a big YES for me and the reason for this is that I hate getting a check. Checks is so old fashioned and a hussle.
- Very easy to list a product. This can work great for the vendor, but not that much for the affiliate.
What I did not like
- Low quality products in “make money online” niche. I am a strong believer in selling something that you can trust and that will really help your customer. For example the Cashin 495 looks like a rubbish product.
Need help with getting traffic?
Whether you are an affiliate or a product owner, you all have one problem in common and that is traffic. One way that I found that works is building your own website and getting it ranked in the serps. The days of manipulating Google’s algorithm are long gone and now it takes much more work to get rankings.
But I found one training course that teaches you the right way to rank and to stay there even if Google unleashes the beast of all algorithm updates.